What if you could have a website that would meet your needs whether you’re a beginner or a NYT best selling author?
What if it could be affordable and easy to maintain?
What if you could have someone hold your hand and walk you through the entire process?
Welcome to the Crazy Easy Awesome Author Website taught by Lisa Norman (Heart Ally Books, LLC and Deleyna’s Dynamic Designs).
We’ll cover each part of a website. I’ll help you choose a hosting company, get a domain name, set up the space, and build a website using the most popular platform for writers: WordPress. We’ll cover how to create your email sign-up forms and even integrate the site with your social media platforms.
Learn how to secure your website to keep it as safe as possible.
Create your proven online author platform without pain.
Lisa is available every step of the way, including doing a hands-on review of your site. You’ll learn what to do to maintain it, and how to update and make changes.
By the end of this class you’ll have a beautiful, personalized author’s website that will make you proud.
Note: a website has to live somewhere. This may incur hosting fees. We’ll talk through the options in class and each student will make their own choices about where their site will live. Free options will be included, but the best results will include purchasing hosting. Fees associated with setting up the website are not included in the cost of the course.
What You’ll Learn:
- how to build your own website
- how to maintain your own website
- how your website can help grow your career
- what pieces you need to make your website do what you want it to
- the basics of author branding as they apply to websites
- how to build a mailing list, and what to do with i
Who Should Take This Class:
- authors who don’t have a website
- authors who don’t feel like they are in control of their websit
Week 1 — Welcome to the Web
- Choose a domain name
- Choose a place for your website to live on the internet
- Decide what you want your website to do
- Get basic security in place
- Get ready to build your website
Week 2 — Instant Website, just add water
- Add an About Page
- Intro to Branding and Tag Lines
- Daydream about your Perfect Websit
Week 3 — Customization, Style, and Power
- Pick a style and begin customizing it
- Create more content for your website
- Choose add-ons to customize how your site function
Week 4 — Security, Maintenance, and Expansion
- Site Review
- Ensure all security is in place
- Review how to maintain and protect your website
- Share your finished website with the class!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.